Become a Member
We welcome new members to Edinburgh Fencing Club, no matter their fencing level, their age, or the weapon they fence.
- To join Edinburgh Fencing Club, please fill in this online membership application form and if you are not already, become a British Fencing Member.
- For any enquiries please contact email@example.com
All fencers are required to sign-in at the start of each session.
Club fencers need to provide their own basic fencing kit including glove, mask and breeches. We expect new fencers to build up to a full kit as soon as possible; meanwhile there is a limited selection of kit available to borrow via a deposit scheme. For full details on EFC kit requirements please see Fencing Kit.
Join the club’s sessions on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays according to your fencing level and age.
- Competitive fencers receive their own EFC tracksuit top.
- A 10% discount and free shipping is offered on selected Allstar/Uhlmann fencing equipment as well as free shipping on Blades Brand equipment when placing an order through our Armourer Martin Buckley.
- The club has a limited amount of fencing kit available for fencers to borrow at no extra cost (deposit scheme) while they build up their own kit.
Please note, to reduce the number of fencers in the hall to allow more space for social distancing, the pre-covid training exchange arrangement with Salle Holyrood is put on hold.
Edinburgh Fencing Club membership is annual and fees are due monthly in advance by direct debit.
- Standard rate: £40 per month
- Concession rate: £30 per month (children U18, students and unwaged)
- Drop-in rate: £10 per session
Proof of entitlement to concession rates are required.
The Edinburgh Fencing Club membership year is 1st September to 31st August. There is strictly no provision to take payment breaks, and membership fees are non-refundable.
Any fencer not wishing to commit to annual membership is welcome to fence with us as a Drop-in.
Membership Registration Online Form
All fencers, new members as well as old, full members or concession, and even drop-ins are required to complete this online registration form.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.
All fencers at Edinburgh Fencing Club must hold a current British Fencing Membership. British Fencing offer many different types of membership and further information on these can be found on the British Fencing website https://www.britishfencing.com/members/membership-info/membership-types/
If you are having difficulty deciding which British Fencing Membership type is right for you, your Edinburgh Fencing Club Coach or the Membership Secretary will be happy to advise you.
Voluntary Cancellation of Membership
Should a fencer wish to cancel their annual Edinburgh Fencing Club membership, written notice would be appreciated a minimum of four weeks in advance of your final fencing session. Please send an email to email@example.com advising of your final payment date.
Please be aware that Edinburgh Fencing Club membership will not be reinstated for a period of six months following voluntary cancellation. During this six month period if a fencer wishes to return, attendance will be as a Drop-in.
If a fencer chooses to continue with Edinburgh Fencing Club as a non-member, a drop-in fee will be payable for each session they attend. This is payable either in cash of direct transfer at the start of the session.