What personal information does Edinburgh Fencing Club collect?
EFC will collect names and contact details in the routine answering of queries.
We will also ask those wishing to fence at the club to complete a membership form, including information such as your name, contact details and medical information. We may also retain a record of any club activities in which you have taken part.
What do we use your personal information for?
- To contact you with information directly related to your membership, attendance, or query, with Edinburgh Fencing Club.
- To confirm that you are paying your club subscription fees.
- To ensure that you are a member of British Fencing to comply with insurance requirements.
- To help us provide the best care if you have a medical condition or medical emergency.
- To contact your emergency contact in case of a medical emergency.
- To contact a child’s emergency contact when required.
- To make reasonable adjustments to accommodate fencers with disabilities or additional support needs.
With whom is my information shared?
- Class coaches and the committee have access to your information (private coaches do not have access to your information).
- If there is a serious incident, we will share relevant information with the emergency services if they request it.
- If you are a concession member (eg Edinburgh University Fencing Club) or utilizing your reciprocal rights with another club, your details may be shared with the relevant organisation to confirm you are eligible for the concession.
How is your personal information stored?
An electronic copy of your data is stored in a password-protected database, accessible only by authorised committee members and club officials. Your name will also be listed on paper sign-in sheets at club sessions.
How long is my information stored for?
We keep information of all current club members on file. We will store your information for no more than three years after you end your club membership.
Updating, requesting or deleting your data
- If your personal information has changed, please let us know and we can send you a link to our membership form for you to complete.
- If you would like to request a copy of the information that we hold on you, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make a copy available to you.
- If you have quit the club and would like to request that any information we hold about you is deleted, email email@example.com. If your information has been deleted, you will be required to fill out a new membership form before you can fence with Edinburgh Fencing Club again.